One of the key objectives of Executive Compensation and Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation planning and plans is to recruit, retain and reward key employees who have been identified as critical drivers of enterprise success and/or value.
Another equally key objective is to structure plan designs in a manner that includes only those key individuals that have been targeted for additional compensation or benefits without triggering the inclusion of other members of the organization.
This focused effort is possible through:
- Simplified plan adoption rules due to the non-qualified nature of the design
- Less stringent participant coverage, eligibility and participant requirements than traditional ERISA regulated qualified plans
- Significantly more flexible vesting and forfeiture options than qualified plans
- Exemption from many restrictive statutory limits on contributions and benefits, funding rules and joint and survivor benefit requirements
- Opportunity to be partially exempt from ERISA mandates
When it comes to this unique area of expertise Schneider Downs can help with plan design, compliance consulting, implementation, funding options and administration. Our employee benefit and executive compensation experts can assist you in the following benefit areas:
- Existing executive benefits review including a 409(a) compliance assessment
- Review of your qualified and non-qualified benefit plans looking for integration points that might enhance effectiveness
- 401(k) Excess Deferral Plans
- ERISA Excess Contribution Plans
- Supplemental Executive Retirement Plans (SERPs)
- Salary Continuation Plans
- Phantom Stock Plans
- Stock Option and Bonus Plans
- 457(b) and 457(f) Plans for Non-Profit Entities
- Corporate Owned Life Insurance (COLI)
Let the Insight, Innovation and Experience of Schneider Downs help you design a plan that motivates, incentivizes and rewards your key drivers of enterprise success and value.